Friday, December 18, 2009
So, Ginger Couldn't Take The Last Piece
Hey everybody! Earlier today I watched Vivacious Lady (1938) starring Ginger Rogers and James Stewart, and it reminded me of how much I love that film. My two favorite stars co-starring in the same movie--what could be better? Nothing. At least, nothing that I can think of right now. This movie is full of very funny moments. Almost every scene makes me laugh. Especially the cat fight scene between Ginger and Frances Mercer who plays the proper girl Jimmy's father wants him to marry (DEFINITELY the best part of the movie!) , and the scene where Jimmy is teaching his botany class while drunk. Oh, and the boat scene! If I have time this weekend, I’ll try and write a full length movie review, but if not, that’s my two-cents on one of the funniest classic comedies. I leave you with Ginger having it out with Frances Mercer. Ha ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh that drunk scene is another one of my favorite scenes! I can't wait to read your full-length review.
ReplyDeleteI have to play this clip for my daughter every time she is on the computer...what's more, she has a pile of Barbies (as most 8-year old daughters do) - and she always wants to 're-enact' the scene with her Barbies...of course she is always Ginger, so I am the other lady...and we pretty much have it memorized...so there you go...I play with Barbies...but ONLY in the context of Gingerology! Remember that!!!
ReplyDelete"Oh, Egbert! I didn't know you played with dolls!"
Tom: I also like Jimmy's drunk scene in The Philadelphia Story. :) I'll try to get that review up soon!
ReplyDeleteVKMfan: Awww, you're daughter likes classic movies? That's great! Get 'em started early! Haha! :) That's alright, I won't tell. I'm good at keeping secrets. :p Ahaha I love The Gay Divorcee! Fred and Ginger movies are so quotable.
...yep...well, she pretty much has no alternative concerning VKM, of course...it's funny, she will 'downplay' Ginger when we are with my wife (who 'tolerates' Ginger, but she is not sure what the deal is with my er...'interest' in VKM...I don't try to explain it, other than 'it's a hobby...' :-) ) - anyway, after dinner, my daughter will say "I want to watch a Ginger movie"...so that's cool.
ReplyDeleteTrying to get into all manner of 'classics'... we watched 'Some Like It Hot' last night and she loved it...wanted to watch it again tonight!
She calls them 'classical' movies...which begs the question, when does 'classic' become 'classical'? :-)
Forgive my ignorance...what does "VKM" mean??
ReplyDeleteNever mind. I figured it out. :)
ReplyDelete